Hold onto your chai cups, folks, because we’re about to take you on a journey to the vibrant world of Indian festivities! Whether you’re celebrating Diwali, Christmas, or New Year’s, an Indian- themed party is a feast for the senses. From flavorful food to lively music and colorful decor, this is one party that’s sure to be a riot of colors, flavors, and fun! In this article, we’ll show you how to plan, prepare, and pull off an unforgettable Indian-themed bash that’ll leave your guests singing their hearts out and vibing to Indian music.
How to Throw an Epic Indian-Themed Party: Décor
- Choose a color scheme that reflects the vibrant hues of Indian culture. Think bright oranges, reds, yellows, and blues!
- Drape colorful fabrics like saris or dupattas to create a backdrop or canopy.
- Use lanterns, fairy lights, and candles to add warmth and ambiance.
- Decorate with marigolds, jasmine flowers, and other fragrant blooms that are common in Indian traditional celebrations.
- Set up a photo booth with props like turbans, bindis, and traditional jewelry to capture the memories.
- Create a DIY rangoli – a traditional Indian floor art made with colored powders or sand – for a truly authentic touch.
How to Throw an Epic Indian-Themed Party: Music
- Choose a mix of upbeat Bollywood tracks and more traditional Indian music like bhangra, qawwali, and ghazals.
- Create a playlist with a mix of classics and modern hits to appeal to all age groups and musical tastes.
- Use instruments like the tabla, sitar, and dhol to give your party a truly authentic Indian sound.
How to Throw an Epic Indian-Themed Party: Food
India is known for its curries and the wide variety of fried food that it offers. From Chhola Bhatura in the North to Idli Chutney in the South, India is filled to the brim with a variety of colors,
textures, and consistencies. Food for an Indian-themed party is bound to be the highlight of any celebration.
Because of the different curries, chutneys, naans, tandoori and so many more dishes that India has to offer, picking a menu for an Indian-themed party can be very fun but also cause last-
minute unnecessary stress for you. There are several different restaurants and caterers that offer Indian catering during the festival. One such restaurant is Bombay On The Lake, located in Etobicoke, Toronto.
There are Grand party Trays that they offer but you could also mix and match the menu items to suit your tastes. They are well known for their authentic taste and catering for an Indian
party. You can order online or even book their restaurant for a party.
Their preset party trays are of the size 12″ x 9″ and come in 7 different types. There are party trays which have only certain types of dishes like the Lamb Party Tray, the Chicken Party Tray, and
the Vegetable Party Tray. Then they have 3 different Biryani Tray options which are lamb, chicken and vegetable and they also have a general biryani rice tray option which is just white basmati rice. You can choose among these or go custom according to your needs.
How to Throw an Epic Indian-Themed Party: Attire
Just like its food, India also has a wide variety of clothes. People belonging to different parts of India dress differently. Here are a few different themes that you can choose from for an Indian-
- Traditional Indian wear like sarees, lehengas, and salwar kameez for women, and kurtas, sherwanis, or dhoti-kurta for men.
- Festival-inspired attire, like kurtis, palazzo pants, and kolhapuri chappals (sandals).
- Bohemian chic with flowy dresses, harem pants, and kaftans, paired with chunky jewelry.
- Ethnic fusion wear like Indo-Western gowns, anarkali suits, or dhoti pants with a blouse.
- For a more modern twist, you could opt for chic Indian street style, with ripped jeans, graphic tees, and sneakers.
How to Throw an Epic Indian-Themed Party: Activities
- Henna (mehndi) artists: Guests can get intricate designs applied to their hands and feet.
- Rangoli (floor art) contest: Provide materials for guests to create their own designs, and then vote on the best one!
- Indian cooking class: Guests can learn to make a traditional dish, like samosas or pakoras.
- Karaoke: Although Karaoke is considered to be a Western activity you can have a set list of Indian songs from various artists old and new and in various languages and have fun trying to get the songs
- Charades: This game is extremely entertaining especially when playing in a group. You can replace the words and phrases with Indian movies and songs to make them more fitting to your party theme.
- Antakshari: This is an Indian song game where the crowd is divided into two groups and each team has to sing songs. The game starts with one team singing a song with the letter “A” and the next team follows by singing a song that starts with the letter that the first team ended the song on.
How to Throw an Epic Indian-Themed Party: Conclusion
In conclusion, throwing an Indian-themed party is an explosion of culture, color, and flavor that’s sure to leave your guests feeling happy and satisfied. With delicious food, lively music, and
colorful decorations, you can’t go wrong! Remember to plan ahead, invite the right people, and add your own personal touches to create a truly unique and unforgettable experience. So gather your friends and family, put on your brightest outfit, and let the good times roll!